Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
Halloween might be over, but it's still pumpkin season friends and these (in my opinion) happen to be the best pumpkin muffins ever. They are moist and delicious, with just the right amount of that pumpkin spice flavor. The muffin itself isn't overly sweet, but add the streusel topping and you'll have sweetness perfection!
This recipe is so easy to make and kids LOVE them!! I had to make 2 batches in one week because my boys devoured them so quickly!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!!
For the muffins:
15 oz pumpkin puree
1/2 cup salted butter melted
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 TBS pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
For The Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin, set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin puree and melted butter until smooth.
5. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and whisk until combined and there are no lumps.
6. Add eggs and vanilla and stir to combine.
7. Add dry ingredients and stir until batter is smooth.
8. Pour ¼ cup of the pumpkin muffin batter into each well of the muffin tin, and smooth out the top.
9. For the topping: Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and some nutmeg in a separate bowl. Stir together using a fork. Add the butter and use a pastry cutter to mix it all together until the mixture resembles fine pebbles. Sprinkle topping on top of muffin batter in tin.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes, or until the tops are set and a toothpick comes out clean.
11. Let pumpkin muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove them and transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.