Hi All! Today I am sharing with you a treat that I recently started making as a healthy sweet alternative. A couple of months ago I began a version of the Mediterranea diet. Its basically a lot of lean protein, good carbs, very low sugar and fat.
The problem with me is that I have a sweet tooth😬
I started off following my coaches suggestion, eating dark chocolate squares, but that got boring. So instead,
I decided to make bite sized frozen chocolate covered bananas. Obviously, with the banana inside the calories, fat, and sugar go up a tad...
But its worth it!!
Here's what you'll need:
- 3 Bananas
- 1 Bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
1. Cut bananas into slices
2. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet, put sliced bananas on sheet and put into the freezer.
3. Melt dark chocolate in the microwave, a double boiler, or a candy melter. Add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil.
4. Take banana slices out of freezer a couple at a time. Dip in chocolate. Place on new cookie sheet covered in parchment.
5. Once all of the banana slices have been dipped, place back in freezer until completely frozen.
6. Store in container in the freezer and pop them in your mouth at your leisure😁